Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Boiler flue - slightly upwards

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

Another good example of this is
Quantum, in it's original scientific meaning it is the smallest possible
step change in energy levels, however in everyday use it means a huge
step change.

That one had never occurred to me before actually - when/how did that
happen!?

Istr some bloody politician using it years ago.
The latest Bond movie doesn't help, but whether it's used as tiny or
huge, who knows?

Sinclair used it back in the early '80s for the QL[1]... used to amuse
me then - the smallest possible advance - anything less would be
standing still ;-)

[1] Not a bad attempt at a low cost "sort of" 32 bit machine (used a 68K
derivative processor that still had 32 bit registers, but an external 8
bit architecture). Shame they made the physical construction so crap.

--
Cheers,

John.