Posted to uk.d-i-y
Don[_10_] Don[_10_] is offline

Default Cutting stainless steel sheet

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Micky
writes
Look for "Sheet Metal Workers" in your local yellow pages, any of them
will be able to cut it for you.

Just a little anecdote....

I'm in the North West. Last year I bought a nice sheet of 1/4" stainless
from a scrappy after a very hairy climb through his stainless pile. It was
to make 6 mountings for stanchions on a boat. These mountings had to be
fairly precise and.be bent to templates, rather than at right angles.

I looked in yellow pages and did a tour of, I think, 5 places before I
found the wonderful place that would cut bend and drill it to my needs.
Others just looked and shook their heads. The last 'other' was a posh
place with a receptionist behind a desk. She asked the boss who knew of
the good back street, hidden competent people.

The competent ones weren't in any directories I looked at and seemed to be
doing well purely by word of mouth.
--
Bill

You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence!

The more competent ones don't need to advertise & usually they charge far
less than the incompetent ones do. The only problem usually is how long you
have to wait before they can fit your job in ;-)

Don.