Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Cutting stainless steel sheet

In message , Micky
writes
Look for "Sheet Metal Workers" in your local yellow pages, any of them
will be able to cut it for you.

Just a little anecdote....

I'm in the North West. Last year I bought a nice sheet of 1/4" stainless
from a scrappy after a very hairy climb through his stainless pile. It
was to make 6 mountings for stanchions on a boat. These mountings had to
be fairly precise and.be bent to templates, rather than at right angles.

I looked in yellow pages and did a tour of, I think, 5 places before I
found the wonderful place that would cut bend and drill it to my needs.
Others just looked and shook their heads. The last 'other' was a posh
place with a receptionist behind a desk. She asked the boss who knew of
the good back street, hidden competent people.

The competent ones weren't in any directories I looked at and seemed to
be doing well purely by word of mouth.
--
Bill