Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default are the septic assist garbage disposals a good idea

wrote:
My in-sink-erator has rusted through and needs to be replaced. It was
the septic assist model with container that injects some supposed
septic assist fluid. My previous home did not have this "feature".

Are these really necessary? We are careful with what we put down the
drain. Most of our solids go out to the chickens!

Any suggestion on a new unit? I was thinking to go with the same
brand in hopes it keeps all the plumbing the same. I'm leaning
towards just a regular disposer w/o the septic fluid.

Never heard of this and have been using regular disposer on septic for
years. Do not put anything in it that I can throw in trash and that
includes cooking oils. Just had tank pumped after 4 years and tech said
to just continue what I was doing as all was fine.