Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

"retired54" wrote in message

I think "Joe the Pretend Plumber" is just some guy that got caught up in
this and was exposed as a fraud. The guy makes $40k, doesn't have a license,
owes back taxes, and he wants to buy a business that is going to gross over
$250k? Talk about sub-prime lending!

^^^^^

I think you mean "net." If he grosses only $250K (assuming he has some
expenses), then he's still better off with Obama.

I'm thinking of a paycheck.

For a business it's: income - allowable deductions (inc. cost of goods sold)
= taxable income. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's been awhile since I looked at financials obviously.

olddog

You're dead on.