Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave turntable direction

Claude Hopper wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Claude Hopper" wrote in message

Microwaves do not 'bounce around' in the oven. Microwaves are
directional, that's why you move the food. The microwave emitter
does not move.

Perhaps we should dub you "Clod Hopper". (Perhaps your posts are
jokes, and you're waiting to see who's the first to "get it".)

Microwaves do, indeed, "bounce around" within the oven cavity. There
is usually a standing-wave pattern with hot and cold spots, which is
the main reason for the turntable.

Oh, how long do they bounce around tell me. If that were true with the
klystron continuing to transmit more waves and the old ones keep
bouncing around they would build up and explode the oven. That's does
not happen does it.

What do you think heats up the food ! Energy in equals energy out less
losses !

By the way it is a Magnetron in there providing the RF energy.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.