Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Weller Tips ...

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:36:48 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

:
:For someone on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean, can you convert
:quid to Euros or USDollars??

Currently a "quid" (ie. UK Pound) is worth about US$1.59 and a Euro is
roughly
US$1.27.

This on-line currency converter is quite useful to have on your desktop...
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

I dunno where they're giving out that much on the USD for UKP, Ross -
nowhere here, that's for sure ! They have a neat little trick here where
they drop the value by an eye-watering amount on Friday evening until Monday
morning, whilst the money markets are basically closed for the weekend. That
was the point at which it dropped from $1.53 to $1.49 as my daughter stood
there, listening to the cashier talking to her son on her cell phone. When
she objected to this, after the cashier had cleared the call, she finally
managed to persuade some of the transaction out of her at a 'concessionary'
rate of $1.50.

Had it have been me, I think I would have been kicking up a much bigger
stink than that ...

See y'all when I get back :-)

Arfa