Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] coloradotrout@yahoo.com is offline

Default are the septic assist garbage disposals a good idea

My in-sink-erator has rusted through and needs to be replaced. It was
the septic assist model with container that injects some supposed
septic assist fluid. My previous home did not have this "feature".

Are these really necessary? We are careful with what we put down the
drain. Most of our solids go out to the chickens!

Any suggestion on a new unit? I was thinking to go with the same
brand in hopes it keeps all the plumbing the same. I'm leaning
towards just a regular disposer w/o the septic fluid.