Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Bushco Wins Another One

.. .
Cliff wrote:
Happy days for wingers !!!

The US now has the lowest HS graduation rates of any
industrialized/Western nation in the world !!!

Great education plan !!!
Way to go, Team Winger !!!

You friggin' idiot! Bush is not responsible for everything bad that
happens, unless you also give him credit for all the good.
And that ain't going to happen.

It's liberalized education and welfare programs that get the blame

for
our
uneducated masses. If your Obama wet dream comes true, expect more

of
this.

Bush's "No Child Left Behind" was going to improve education for

everyone,
and now the graduation rates are *dropping*.

NCLB is a stupid program from a guy who got C's in college. It's

exactly
what we should expect from a neocon who claimed that education was one

of
his top two priorities, before the 2000 election. The stupidity on our
part
was in believing he knew what he was talking about.

Tell us, RB, how "liberalized education" has led to reduced graduation
rates. If it's liberalized, the logical conclusion is that everyone

should
be graduating.

Could be that they are achieving their education goals early, and no
longer need to waste time going through to the end.

;-)
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Right. g I must admit that I'm impressed with the ability of this group

find scapegoats, strawmen, and sophistic excuses for nearly every social

ill
that befalls us. With no more than two logical steps, nearly everyone

finds
that the culprit is a Democrat. It's a good thing that we've had a
Republican administration for the past eight years, and a Republican
Congress for most of the years since 1994, or we could be in big

financial
trouble right now.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're all ideal representatives of the
kind of thinking that's made US manufacturing the dominant international
powerhouse that it is today. d8-)

The problem is not caused by Republicans or Democrats. It's caused by
crooked politicians. Wait a minute, that's redundant isn't it? Term
limits are the answer and the ability to recall poor performers.

Jim

The problem isn't crooked politicians it's stupid American voters. Case in
point. You hear all the time from conservatives that the congress has an
approval rating in the teens. You hear this whenever someone comments on how
unpopular Bush is. The knee-jerk conservative responsive is to switch to the
even less popular congress. But as unpopular as the congress is wouldn't you
think that the majority of the congressmen would not be reelected to
congress? I mean everyone hates the congress. But do you know that the
reelection rate is in the 90% range? You want to talk stupid? How can people
keep sending the same people back to congress when they say they hate them?
How can they reelect the same people when they say they are crooked and
incompetent? It's because Americans are stupid. If they had any brains they
would not reelect anybody in congress and would send all new people. But
they won't. They will bitch and complain and then vote the same sons of
bitches back into office. So you see, it's the people who are to blame not
the politicians. Voters can change the make up of congress anytime they want
but they don't. They're stupid. The politicians love them for that.

Hawke