Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Moving a bridgeport

"Vernon" wrote in message

Thus, I am confronting two possible scenarios for loading the
equipment and returning home with it. If I take the pintle hitch
trailer I intend to load the two items squarely over the axles. I
will drill holes through the floor of the trailer and bolt the mill
down with four 1/2" carriage bolts or something similar. I will even
use angle iron "stringers" as needed beneath the trailer to ensure
that the mill is tight as a fiddle bow. I will also strap and chain
it.

I wouldn't depend on the carriage bolts to do much more than keep the bottom
from moving fore or aft. Strap and chain it using four D-hooks on the
trailer bed as anchor points so that the top of the mill can't go forward,
backward or sideways.