Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ultra thin screwdriver

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:32:12 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:46:37 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

snip

I think perhaps part of my reluctance is because I'm a bit of a
perfectionist. I like good, accurate tools and I'm not sure that I can
make a screwdriver of that standard. Good screwdrivers are really nice
to use. The way they snugly fit screw heads is satisfying.

Somebody else (most likely several) mentioned it already,
but try using small hex keys (Allen wrenches). They are
relatively inexpensive, hard and tough. If you grind/cut the
90 degree turn out of them a nice Pin Vice will hold them as
a handle. Being hex shaped they shouldn't slip in the Pin
Vice.

Don't worry about perfection, make something that will work
and get the job done. That will be satisfying enough

You might be right. I have got very keen on perfect projects and tools
lately. Some of the things I used to make were pretty crude, but I've
changed.

Chris

The Chapman screwdrivers also will hold Hex bits

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.