Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bushco Wins Another One

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:52:54 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:28:16 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:47:01 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"RB" wrote in message
. ..
Cliff wrote:
Happy days for wingers !!!

The US now has the lowest HS graduation rates of any
industrialized/Western nation in the world !!!

Great education plan !!!
Way to go, Team Winger !!!

You friggin' idiot! Bush is not responsible for everything bad that
happens, unless you also give him credit for all the good.
And that ain't going to happen.

It's liberalized education and welfare programs that get the blame for
our
uneducated masses. If your Obama wet dream comes true, expect more of
this.

Bush's "No Child Left Behind" was going to improve education for everyone,
and now the graduation rates are *dropping*.

NCLB is a stupid program from a guy who got C's in college. It's exactly
what we should expect from a neocon who claimed that education was one of
his top two priorities, before the 2000 election. The stupidity on our
part
was in believing he knew what he was talking about.

Tell us, RB, how "liberalized education" has led to reduced graduation
rates. If it's liberalized, the logical conclusion is that everyone should
be graduating.

Ed, I have to agree with him. The "liberal" version of education
where everyone has to be "sensitive" to the students feelings and self
esteem and all that other BS and the fact that there are no
consequences for students actions, or lack thereof, is the reason that
we have the situation we have today. I worked for the last seven
years as a substitute teacher for grades 6 and up and was appalled at
the lack of discipline in our schools today.

I'm in the public schools two or three days a week. When I hear this stuff I
want to drag someone over here and let them see what a school is like when
the kids have responsible parents. There is no discipline problem here.

The kids no longer have
any incentive to do well since they will be "socially" promoted so
they can stay with their friends whether they do the work or not.

If that was true, the graduation rates would be going *up*, not down.

This
came along long before Bush ever thought about running for President
so it can't be blamed on him. Granted NCLB is a terrible failure and
even the teachers don't like it but that is not the reason for the
drop out rate. The kids feel that they don't need to learn what is
taught because they have a relative that will hire them or they want
to be a drug dealer and make real money or some other such garbage.
Don't think that I'm making this up. I have actually had students
tell me these things while talking to them and trying to encourage
them to learn everything they can about everything they can. I really
don't know what the complete answer is but we have to find some way of
making the kids responsible for their actions.

If you've been teaching kids who want to be drug dealers, you're teaching in
a failed neighborhood. I'd get out of there and move to someplace decent.

Unfortunately, there is nowhere else around here. ALL the school
districts, and California in general, are full of them. The parents,
assuming they have them, don't give a rat's ass for the most part,
therefore the kids have the same attitude. California is the worst
place to be in classroom.

Jim

Which is reflected in Californias educational rating....49th out of
50....

And we can indeed blame that on Liberals. Conservatives have little
say in any urban school district.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.