Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Recommendations for newsgroups access or woodworking sites

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:39:01 -0500, A Lurker wrote:

Jerry, if newsgroups are worth $3 a month to you for great service, try APN:

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

I've been very happy with them..

@. wrote in
tanews.com:

Leonard Shapiro wrote:

try teranews.com for about $4 you can get free account(4 sign up fee
that's all ever) that gives you 50mgs a month download if your only
into binaries that's all you will ever need.

Teranews allows the user to download 50megs a day.

len

I'll let this post be my swan song. My Comcast Service stops tomorrow.
Free TerraNews is fine for reading all groups. The problem is posting.
Sometimes the posting will show up quickly but other times it will
magically appear on the group days later, long after responses to the
thread are relavant. Having used TerraNews before getting Comcast a few
months ago, I am "Alurker" since in order to post effectively with
TerraNews I switch to Google Groups to post even though reading
unfiltered threads on Google is too painful. So tomorrow I'm relagated
to lurking again.

Jerry

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing