Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Martindale Dave Martindale is offline

Default backstab outlets

writes:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:09:09 -0400, metspitzer wrote:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:50:16 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

Who makes a backstab outlet/switch that the wire is tightened in with
a screw. After a couple of problems in my home I want to change them
all out and I prefer not to haveto restrip and bend all those
connections. One manufacturer had an industrial quality connector but
I could only find them in brown. Wife would not go for that.

Jimmie

Are they backstab now? If so, why do you want to replace them with new
ones that will be just as much a problem as you are having now?

He doesn't actually want backstab (where the wire contact is springy),
he wants back-wire outlets with a screw to hold the wire. I think that
is clear from the description (see above); he just didn't use the
correct term.

Dave