Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Chain Saw Stalls

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 04:38:16 -0700 (PDT), murraym
wrote:

On Oct 24, 4:16*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've got a Homelite 16" chain saw. A few years older, but very
similiar to this model:http://www.homelite.com/catalog/chain_saws/UT10516

It starts easily and idles fine. If I squeeze the throttle the tiniest
amount it'll rev right up, almost to what seems like full speed.

However, as soon as I squeeze the throttle enough to actually use it,
it stalls.

I've tried adjusting the H & L screws, starting at the center and
turning them in small increments in both directions, but they don't
seem to make any difference.

Any thoughts?

I had the same problem with my Stihl. Turns out it was the anti spark
screen in the muffler. Check your muffler to ensure it is clear.

I've seen the same with weedeaters. If it has a spark suppressor,
definitely check it.