Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Political signs

"HeyBub" wrote:

Bob F wrote:

************************************************** ************

But you have really enjoyed the give-away-to-the-rich actions of the
republicans since Reagan? Why shouldn't the people who benefit far
more from our system pay their part?
Without the working class, they'd have nothing.

I agree that those who USE more government services should pay more.

I prefer that those who benefit the most pay more taxes. But to
follow along with your reasoning.

The
rich don't send their kids to public schools,

But they most certainly benefit from a good public education. Better
to have smart folks working their widget factory.

use food stamps,

I'll give you that- but I wonder which my bleeding heart liberal state
pays more for- food stamps, or a state owned ski slope. . . or a
canal so those rich folks can go from the Atlantic Ocean to the great
lakes in their multimillion dollar yachts.

appear at the county hospital,

We don't have a 'county hospital' - but the local hospital, subsidized
by the county, state & feds, has a few VIP rooms that are reserved for
those rich folks. And they are 5 star accommodations. not that
'regular people' don't have decent rooms there, but the hospital makes
a huge fuss over 'rich folks'.

end up in jail (as a rule),

They don't end up in jail 'as a rule' because the cost so much more to
prosecute. Ask OJ how great it is to be able to afford a better
legal team than they can mount against you. And when they do - for
their 'white collar' crimes- they cost a lot more to maintain than
their counterparts in gen-pop.

and so on.

The rich DO drive on public roads (or their driver does) and a few other
things, so they should pay SOME taxes.

The class warfare game is an old one. IMO the most prosperous time
in the 20th century was the 1950's. To a large extent that was
post-war euphoria- but the top tax bracket was 73-90%- and you could
make an equivalent of over $100,000 before you paid a penny in tax.

Trickle down doesn't work. Somebody has to have enough money to buy
your widgets or services.

Jim