Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] matthew.larkin@gmail.com is offline

Default Boiler flue - slightly upwards

On Oct 24, 10:40*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * writes:

I could print the entire instruction leaflet left for me which would
show you that there is nothing about the flue in there, but I doubt

It will be in the installation/servicing instructions.
It is a legal requirement that these are handed to you
by the installer. You should keep them and pass them on
to any new owner of the boiler in the future.

--
Andrew Gabriel

You're right, of course, that the installation details etc were handed
over. But I am a humble consumer, so I haven't read the installation
instructions - taking the view that I don't need to know the details
or wiring diagrams, though possibly Ian was slightly correct in that
there would be reference to the flue fitting in there.

In fact, the consumer's usage instructions are very sparse in this
particular boiler - it doesn't even tell you what the digital
temperature read out is actually measuring, or what to look out for
(apart from error codes, obviously).

Anyway, I'm resting assured now that the fitting is right (as I
suspected) and I shall steer clear of young Ian in future.

Matt