Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default anyone need free WEDM work

On 24 Oct 2008 15:57:38 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Here ya go; I've wanted a little injection molding die for this
widget for a decade and more. Ping me offlist and maybe we can talk further?
http://www.nmpproducts.com/nmp02.htm

Looks interesting - but if you can snap it on as threaded rod at the
middle with finger pressure, and the two mating 'locks' are just tight
enough to allow this, the centripetal force of spinning it with air to
turn will potentially launch the two halves in opposite directions
with a rather scary escape velocity. "INCOMING!!"

You would have to make the mating locks rather large enough to be
permanent and spin it onto the end of the shaft - and in that case why
not make the nut out of a solid piece of material and skip the split?

Or make the two halves with channels on both ends, and two 'dogbone'
keys to assemble onto the shaft. Then you have to add a ball detent
to each nut-half or dogbone to lock the keys in place...

-- Bruce --