Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Magnetic scale inhibitors - do they work?

drugs began to take hold. I remember YAPH saying
something like:

My own position is that I would put money on it being magnetism
rather than witchcraft, rather than that I would burn at the stake anyone
advancing your suggestions.

But if you had a banana stuck in your ear during the year preceding your
discovery, you may conclude that the absence of ear bananas leads to
limescale formation in your customers' water pipes.
There's only one way to be sure - you must ask your customers to apply
bananas forthwith, in the name of science.