Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian[_8_] Ian[_8_] is offline

Default B&Q LED GU10 bulbs

"Stephen Barnes" # wrote in message
Hi,

Saw a pack of 4 LED GU10 bulbs in B&Q Peterborough for a tenner. The box
seems to imply they equivalent to 35W. Has anyone tried them? I got some
9W CFL GU10s last month off ebay and was not impressed, are LEDs any
better?

Steve

LEDs are not as good at the moment, but there is no real reason for
manufacturers
to be holding back products. One i was impressed with was a normal looking
bulb with a white coating on the inside and 3 uV LEDs. The coating glows a
brilliant white. Philips make them. More efficient than fluorescent bulbs
and only
using 1 or 2 watts. They will not be sold until people have bought millions
of
stockpiled fluorescent lights.
Low energy lighting is one reason our electric costs are now far higher.
Electric
companies were sick of not meeting projected income figures once people went
energy efficient and used less. So to still make the same amount of money
each year
they put the cost of each unit up.