Sweet Sawdust

Default Help, please? Need blunt "points" on dowels

If you have insurance for your shop products, check with them before you
sell. Might even check your homeowners insurance, some companies consider
what you are doing to be very dangerous and will cancel you insurance
because of potential law suits. I have never known of anyone being
successfully sued over a rubber band gun, but I know that a lot of your
better craft shows forbid toy weapons of any kind, and some insurance
companies won't insure crafters who make them or shows that allow them to be
sold. Even POP guns are forbidden at a lot of shows now days because of
liability.
"David Hakala" wrote in message
om...
I am building rubberband Gatling guns to sell on eBay. The eight
barrels are 1/2" wooden dowels. The rear end of each barrel has a
V-shape - not conical, just two parallel planes that taper the end.
The point of the V is rounded over to avoid sharp edges that might cut
a rubberband.

Right now I'm making two cuts on the bandsaw and rounding the point on
the belt sander. I would like to make one pass that would do it all.

Anyone know where I can get a grinding wheel with a V-shaped groove in
it, or another method of reducing production time?

Thanks!

David Hakala

(Please remove NOSPAM to reply via e-mail)