Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default anyone need free WEDM work

On 2008-10-24, David Lesher wrote:
jk writes:

[ ... ]

Is diamond conductive enough???

Interestingly, diamond has great thermal conductivity and great
electrical conductivity. Can you say heat sink insulators?

Hmm ... insulators with "great electrical conductivity"? I
don't think so. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

I suspect that should read resistivity. The covalent bonds in the diamond
crystal do not leave free valence electrons floating around to conduct any
electricity. I suggested it to my employers as an insulated wedge block
material for salient pole rotor AC machines in the late 70's. Oddly enough,
they weren't amused :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM