Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Edible chestnuts?

terry wrote:
Having successfully grown a few horse (non-edible) chestnut (and oaks
and other varieties) trees over the last 40 years or so I was happy on
one occasion to find a few edible chestnuts in a local s.market that
had begun to sprout. Bought them and was able to get two or three
small chestnut trees to start growing.

I have a couple of Chinese chestnuts that I bought trees mail order
years ago. May have been Musser Forests in Indiana, PA. There also may
be blight hardy American trees. Only problem is Chestnut weevils but
spraying can prevent them.

You might try emailing the folks at Delmarvelous Farms. They were very
helpful in informing me to getting the weevils controlled.

http://www.buychestnuts.com/