Larry Jaques

Default Help, please? Need blunt "points" on dowels

On 14 Sep 2003 06:31:44 -0700, (David Hakala)
pixelated:

I am building rubberband Gatling guns to sell on eBay. The eight
barrels are 1/2" wooden dowels. The rear end of each barrel has a
V-shape - not conical, just two parallel planes that taper the end.
The point of the V is rounded over to avoid sharp edges that might cut
a rubberband.

Right now I'm making two cuts on the bandsaw and rounding the point on
the belt sander. I would like to make one pass that would do it all.

Anyone know where I can get a grinding wheel with a V-shaped groove in
it, or another method of reducing production time?

How about a 1/2" roundover router bit? (And a LOT of balls
to hold a short dowel into it while turning.)

Either make a safe router jig or find some retiree who wants
some busy-work and will charge just peanuts.

---
-If thy poster offends thee, *PLONK* it out.-