Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Magic toolbox

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:51:15 -0800, the renowned "SteveB"
toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

If you were going to a foreign place, what extra specialty tools would you
take? I know it would depend on what you were to work on, but I'm talking
specialty items that one needs just every so often ..........

Things like .......... continuity tester. Pair of Klein dikes. 3/8" drive
Allen heads. psi gauge. stuff like that

Just a little aside-- it's often a bad idea to carry tools to a
foreign place unless you have a work visa, as the ferrin immigration
folks might assume you intend to actually do some work there, which
could cause some hassles.

Yup. If you must carry tools, choose your words
carefully when going through customs and immigration.
You're going to use them to service your company's
equipment, which nobody else can do, and to train
the local maintenance people.