Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default Bridgeport Series 1 milling machine "TJ" designation

On Oct 24, 1:02*am, Ignoramus28420 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
On 2008-10-24, Vernon wrote:

On Oct 23, 11:15*pm, Vernon wrote:
Does anybody know what the "TJ" means in connection with a series 1
Bridgeport mill? *It's suddenly become of interest to me because I
bought one today! *Woo hoo! I hope and pray! *V

After noodling around the net I think that "TJ" was a typo and should
have been "1J" or "2J". *The mill is a Series 1 but has a DRO and
power feeds. *At this point I'm trying to determine whether it takes
R8 tooling or something else. *I get the impression that R8 was
standard in the old machines and 30QC and some other "30" designation
came later, in order to facilitate tool changes during CNC operation
sequences.

Is this about right? *And, since I don't have any tooling anyway, does
it make a mousie's patootie? *Or should I be doing "hail marys"
praying for one or the other? *V

Chances are overwhelming that it takes R8 tooling. Congrats. Let me
know if you are looking for a free PDF manual

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

Iggy. I would truly love a free PDF manual. In fact, at that price,
I'l splurge and take two! Thanks! However, I will need to send you
my email address. It is vtuck followed by an integer that is greater
than one and less than three wink wink. Then a secret symbol that
horses couldn't drag out of me is an ampersand. Then yahoo dot com.
I had to give up my own damned web page because it got so overrun with
spam as a result of posting to these groups. Die spammers! Sweetly,
Vernon