Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Boiler flue - slightly upwards

wrote:

I don't have to "know" the people that post to uk.d-i-y to know that
a) they are knowledgeable and b) they are usually friendly and
helpful. For example, see Dave P's response - all that I needed to
know so that I could rest assured that what looked like something
wasn't fitted properly was actually the job being done properly.

The fitter ought to have left the install and service manual as well as
the user instructions (note some boiler makers seem to place them at the
back of the user guide - so depending on which side of the book you
start from as to what you get!)

IIUC most if not all condensing boilers should have the fluw installed
like this.

If rain were to get into the boiler, then it ought to get fed out via
the condensate drain along with the condensate - there are after all
designed to collect liquid from this source.

So, insofar as I'm being referred to as an "idiot" by you, get stuffed
- if you have nothing useful to say, why bother typing.

Don't worry about Ian, he seems to be a waste of good oxygen but
obviously likes acting like a complete ****. He is the same on every
group I have seen him on.

--
Cheers,