Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] matthew.larkin@gmail.com is offline

Default Boiler flue - slightly upwards

On Oct 24, 7:13*pm, "Ian" wrote:
wrote in message

I've just had a new WB greenstar 30CDi fitted, which I'm pleased with
in terms of operation.

There's just one part of the installation which I've noticed looks a
little odd to me - the flue on the outside appears to be ever so
slightly inclined upwards - probably no more than 5 degrees off
horizontal in truth.

Should I be concerned? *Or is this the way it should be? *I'm
imagining that some rainwater could come through there, but I also
imagine that the flue is designed to handle some condensation in there
so water ingress ought not to be a problem.

I will obviously get the bloke back if it isn't right, but he could
just tell me that's the way its supposed to be, and I'd not be able to
contradict him. *So I'd like some guidance first if possible.

Many thanks!

Matt

Read the instructions/installation guides left for you. *It is correct.
Why do complete idiots always ask such questions. *What would you
do if loads of people said it was wrong? *Call the man back and say
it was because people you don't know on the internet said so?
Please use common sense.

I could print the entire instruction leaflet left for me which would
show you that there is nothing about the flue in there, but I doubt
you'd be bothered to read it.

I asked a simple question which no-one was under any obligation to
answer. I asked it because I didn't know, and none of the information
left for me contained the answer. I hadn't tracked it down on the
internet either, and as I have never installed a boiler in my life,
and the previous flue appeared horizontal I thought I'd ask a group of
generally knowledgeable people (politely), and if I got an answer I'd
consider what was said.

I don't have to "know" the people that post to uk.d-i-y to know that
a) they are knowledgeable and b) they are usually friendly and
helpful. For example, see Dave P's response - all that I needed to
know so that I could rest assured that what looked like something
wasn't fitted properly was actually the job being done properly.

So, insofar as I'm being referred to as an "idiot" by you, get stuffed
- if you have nothing useful to say, why bother typing.

To others who have been helpful, many thanks.

Matt