Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Solid wood door (double door)

On Oct 23, 11:45*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I want to replace my current double exterior door. *Well it is an exterior
door on both sides, the outside is facing the street, and the inside is
facing the courtyard. *So it's not an entry door to a building structure.
The existing door is a hollow wood door and the bottom is rotted from being
too low touching the deck where there is moisture, and the hinges are
rusted.

I would like to replace it with a solid wood door, and I don't want anything
fancy just two slabs of 3/4" wood 30" W x 78-1/2" H x 3/4" D and I would
like to have a normal cylinder lock, a dead bolt, and top/bottom flush bolts
on one door.

It seems the big box stores only sell doors with fany panels and cravings
which I don't care for. *I called two local lumber yards and they don't do
it either.

Anyone know of a good source that would do custom sized plain jane solid
wood flat door with custom routing of hinges, locks and flush bolts?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Given your problem I wouldn't hesitate to order a fiberglass door from
one of the companies like ThermaTru. Not cheap, but they have a huge
selection of styles, even some rather plain offerings. Corrosion
resistant hardware should be no problem. www.thermatru.com. Good
luck.

Joe.