Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default Political signs

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"retired54" wrote in message

I'd have to say that Obama has given a better "face" on his flip-flops
than McCain. Not always, but he's human and in a tough spot. Take "the
surge": We're all thankful the violence has declined but at the same time
we regret being in the position that we have to mitigate the damage.
Having to admit it worked is like saying "good job" to someone who got us
in one of the worst messes of our life time.

Much of the claimed benefit of "the surge" is not directly related to it.
The Anbar awaking, and the policy of paying off of groups to stop them
from shooting at us have been a significant part of the improvement.

John McCains explanation of the connection between the awakening and the
surge display a confused understanding of the reality of the occupation of
Iraq.

Regardless, it was to Obama's advantage that the focus shifted from the war
in Iraq to the economy. The public was buying McCain's story: Less deaths
equal "we're winning".

what a fu#king mess!