Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Political signs

"retired54" wrote in message

I'd have to say that Obama has given a better "face" on his flip-flops than
McCain. Not always, but he's human and in a tough spot. Take "the surge":
We're all thankful the violence has declined but at the same time we regret
being in the position that we have to mitigate the damage. Having to admit it
worked is like saying "good job" to someone who got us in one of the worst
messes of our life time.

Much of the claimed benefit of "the surge" is not directly related to it. The
Anbar awaking, and the policy of paying off of groups to stop them from shooting
at us have been a significant part of the improvement.

John McCains explanation of the connection between the awakening and the surge
display a confused understanding of the reality of the occupation of Iraq.