Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Sprinkler line question

On Oct 23, 10:04*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

I assume the changes in the diameters like this would cause unnecessary
pressure loss or even un-uniform pressure for each sprinkler head on that
line? *So I am planning to replace them all with a long stretch of pipe with
the same diameter. *I am not sure what diameter to use, should I stay with
1-1/2" or reduce it to a smaller diameter? *This line runs down the middle
of a side yard about 25' wide and 75 feet long but the run is only 60'. *How
far apart should I space the sprinkler heads if I used 360 degree heads?

Toro has a pretty good sprinkler installation guide, he
http://www.torodesign.com/iguide2/intro.html

The process is pretty generic - space heads for full coverage,
determine GPM (gallons per minute) needs vs. supply capacity, split
heads into circuits, start digging and gluing.

For best coverage, the spray patterns should overlap completely - i.e.
if the head says 15' spray radius, the heads should be about 15'
apart.

Determining you water pressure and flow capacity in GPM will tell you
how many heads you can put on one circuit - add up the individual GPMs
of all the heads - should not exceed the supply GPM, if it does, add
another circuit.

Jerry