Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure regulator

On Oct 24, 9:26*am, Claude Hopper
wrote:
engwar wrote:
I was told recently I should have a water pressure regulator installed
as my pressure is too high.

We live in a two story house and some of the faucets on the second
story seem to have low pressure (or low flow rate.)

My questions are.

Will the faucets and shower-heads that have low pressure on the second
story get even worse after a pressure regulator is installed?

If the low pressure or flow rate on those faucets is due to the fact
that they are old and corroded I can see how the issues we're having
with those may not be affected by a pressure regulator.

Thanks.

If the pressure regulator is set higher than your low pressure on the
second floor it should not matter.

--
Claude Hopper * * * * *

I would beg to differ. If he has low pressure/flow rate on the
upper floors, he has some kind of flow restriction leading to that
floor. Anything he does to lower the pressure where the service
enters the house is going to lower the flow rate of the water he gets
on the second floor.

I'd suggest following the advice to buy a simple screw on pressure
tester at a good hardware store, HD, etc. Then you'll know what the
pressure actually is. Who told you it was too high and how high was
it?