Posted to alt.home.repair
CQ VoIP Call CQ VoIP Call is offline

Default Please recommend non-telco long distance service?

On Oct 6, 12:27*pm, Bob M wrote:
A little off topic but because it relates directly to my HOMEtelephoneI
thought this group might provide good input.

I currently use at&t for mylongdistanceservice. *I am paying on average
about $.30/minute (OUCH) with a monthly minimum whether I use it or not.
Time to change.

Whatlongdistancealternatives are any of you folks using that you are
satisfied with? *How did you sign up? *What was your cost to switch?

I know there are VoIP solutions available such as Vonage, etc. but I'd like
to keep it right at the dial tone. *Even my Comcast cable'slongdistance
cost is way too much around here (Central CT).

I look forward to any/all suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks

There are many different ways to VoIP.
Learn the basics at: cqVoIPCall - www.cqvoip.info

There are VoIP service providers that are very versitile as to how
you
access the VoIP networks. You can access using PC, VoIP ATA phone
adapters, or using Calling Card access gateway numbers using regular
phone or mobile. Learn how to roll your own customized VoIP calling
cards at:
www.cqvoip.com