Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Slow Filling Toilet

On Oct 23, 8:59 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:17:42 -0400, "Baron"
wrote:

Hello,

A low volume toilet installed about five years ago now takes on the
order of 15 minutes or more to refill. I didn't notice it until recently as
I don't usually use that particular toilet in my house.

I have made sure the feed line valve is full open. There is nothing
visually wrong that I can find except that the water goes into the tank
extremely slowly. I have no evidence that any of the line is clogged but I
have not dismantled any lines either Water to the shower and sinks in the
same bathroom run just fine.

Any thoughts?

TIA

If this is the Fluidmaster (float goes up and down a shaft) it may
just be a bad diaphragm. They are easy to replace. The top is a
quarter turn type thing. Just be sure the water is off.

It wouldn't hurt to replace the diaphragm while you are in there, but
usually you just need to remove the top part, give it a squirt with
the supply line & reinstall.
I used to have to do that every couple of months, then I installed an
elaborate filter system before the entry to the house, & haven't had
that or even a faucet drip since.