Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Startup Problem w/CDP Okyo DX-6810

wrote in message
Mark,

I didn't use a new pickup. The "original" is still up and running, it
just needed a new lens. To make sure that it has no other faults, I
swapped it with another one from a Sony-player I found laying around
in our workshop. The Sony played fine w/the Onkyo-pickup and the Onkyo
still showed the same behaviour. The DX uses a KSS210A while the Sony
is equipped w/a KSS150A. Should've mentioned that; shame on me.
Hopefully you've got another idea.

Best regards,
Lasse

You had said:

" Here's what I've tried up to now:
- Changed the Pickup
- Changed the spindle motor
- Checked lubrication
- Checked FE and TE
- Checked the DC servos for spindle- and pickup-motor

OK, then. They weren't new parts. Muddies the water still. If the spindle
motor's platter height is off, focus will fail. The height at which the disc
sits is critical. Could have a clamping problem, and I've seen some Onkyo
models have a cracked wormscrew gear which caused erratic playing and
startup problems.

Mark Z.