Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weller Tips ...

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
The Pace tips, even though they call them long life "Endura", don't
last a third as long, if left running, and although only about the same
price as the Wellers, can only be bought five at a time, and I really
baulk at shelling out 35 quid, just to have one to put in, and four
sitting in the drawer ... It also bothers me that turning an iron on
and off all the time, is going to be more stressful for the element,
and at 90 quid a pop, you don't wanna be changing the Pace one too
often :-\

Pace seem to be pulling out of the UK market - non of the big electronics
companies seem to carry them anymore.

As regards spares they are a fraction of the UK price in the US - but
many US suppliers take the p**s with freight charges to the UK, so what I
do is get them sent to a pal in the US who posts them on to me.

--
*Pentium wise, pen and paper foolish *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.