Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Black & Darker decides Festool has had enough action

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Pat Barber" wrote in message
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...2&go=5555IRW6L

I know this has been discussed, but I actually saw one back
at a local woodworking show this month.

It looked pretty neat, but looks can be deceiving.

It does look nice. I notice that it will work with both corded and
cordless saws. I wonder how well a battery operated saw do these
kinds of cuts and how long they would last.

The things seem to be fairly commonplace in the EU--Hilti has one but
Home Despot didn't stock it when they were carrying Hilti (the local
store no longer has any Hilti on display) and the track seems to be
standardized.

Now what I think would be cool would be a nice little hinged adapter
that you put on a standard circular saw that lets it run on the track
and plunge on the hinge. Not going to be as nice as a purpose made
plunge saw but should do most of what one does and beats paying a
plunge-saw price.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)