Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default hard black plastic?

RoyJ wrote:
Can't answer the question but my last project had to switch from black
delrin to white delrin after I noticed that the black is not considered
an insulator. Must have some carbon black in it.

Sonofabitch. I just bought a 5 foot length
of black delrin to use as an insulator. I
remember seeing the white and deciding that
the black would *look* better. On an internal
part. Jim smacks his head and pulls the M-C
catalog back out....

Karl Townsend wrote:
I need to make some new idler wheels for my wire EDM. The material is
a very hard black plastic. Maybe the same stuff you see on a car
electrical distributor. It needs to be non-conductive and be able to
have a light press fit for a ball bearing.

Can somebody give me a material name and source to order?

Karl