Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler flue - slightly upwards

In article
,
wrote:
There's just one part of the installation which I've noticed looks a
little odd to me - the flue on the outside appears to be ever so
slightly inclined upwards - probably no more than 5 degrees off
horizontal in truth.

Should I be concerned? Or is this the way it should be? I'm
imagining that some rainwater could come through there, but I also
imagine that the flue is designed to handle some condensation in there
so water ingress ought not to be a problem.

Think they're all like that - to prevent condensate dripping out of the
flue.

--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.