N. Thornton

Default Start Again Shall We?

Peter Ashby wrote in message ...
In article ,
Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
fred wrote:

Once you is a profeshunul you realise how many other profeshunulz are
very, er, average . . . . .

Just as many cowboys in the professions as there are in the trades . . .

But then in both cases you come upon the real gems (if you're lucky).

Yup. I'm all in favour of using a pro for any job if needed, but blanket
statements like Mcneil's bring out the worst in me. Especially since
Grunff had already asked for advice on finding a good pro.

yes, and is very sensibly trying to put himself in a position where a
cowboy is less able to pull the wool over his eyes. Information is power.

Absolutely. I find if I understand the job I can often get it done
a) at a third the price
b) and know its all good.
c) and play with the design options to make maxiumum use of however
the thing is laid out/constructed/etc.
and d) sometimes do things the pros couldn't.

Knowledge is power in every area of life - yes, that too.

Regards, NT