Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap copper tube delivered?

In article ,
Rod wrote:
....and my apologies as it's called an expander/former, not a flaring tool. I
was sure my gas fitter called it a flaring tool...

Has anyone actually used one of those? I was tempted ages ago when I was
doing quiote a bit of plumbing, but seem to remember that they were much
more expensive then.

Yes. They certainly were expensive. I inherited mine.

Is it easy enough to just start using? Or is the path littered with
failed attempts?

They were much easier to use when tube was softer. With the current half
hard stuff it's best to anneal first.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW