Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default George McDuffee

Larry Jaques wrote:

My property tax bill was delivered today. Surprise! It's higher than
last year, and last year, during the first year of the housing drop,
it was higher than the year before. Go figure! GDMFSOBs.

In MO, every two years, we get re-appraised, by
state law. That gives us an opportunity to
contest the appraisal. I always go, and always
get some reduction. One year, they just gave me
the value I wrote down. Other years they offer to
split it halfway between my number and theirs. I
will have LOTS of ammo for the next year it comes
up (2009). I've been arguing their was a
ridiculous bubble for years, it shouldn't be a
hard sell this time.

The tax records are open, and on computer via the
web. It is INSANE to see two nearly identical
next-door houses, one getting apprased at $350K
the other at $210K. You have to assume the guy
who's paying less must have been actively
contesting his appraisal.

Jon