Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens.edible
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default Possum in the pumpkin patch

On Oct 23, 3:15 pm, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:56:27 -0700 (PDT), CanopyCo
wrote:

:On Oct 22, 11:43 pm, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
: On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:32:00 -0500, Bert Byfield
:: wrote:

:
:
:What does an electric fence charger cost around there?
:That would be fun watching a squirrel hit that.
:;-)

That might be a real good idea. If squirrels get shocked in my yard they
might stay out. I could even set up blind shocking fences and move them
around until they just stay out. I have no idea where to get one or how
much it would cost. I imagine I could maybe make them myself. House
current would be too intense, and probably not safe. I guess the idea is
a transformer to step down the voltage to shock but not kill or have
danger of fire.

Dan

Look in the farm stores.
Atwoods here has them, but I have no idea if they exist there.
You can make them your self, but don't.
Way to much legal threat for that.
Besides, if you fry them that way, they don't taste as good.
;-)

I see Ace Hardware has some, and I think they are everywhere.
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...31.html?ref=42
is one for about $30 that is 110 V and aimed at small pests and pets.

Here is a solar one that is a real farm one, but is much more
expensive at about $175
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1277273

I notice that pet stores also show them, but I bet they are more
expensive.
Here is the search I used.
http://www.google.com/products?q=sol...l=en&show =dd