Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Political signs

On Oct 23, 3:34*pm, wrote:
she isn't an airhead and can think on her feet.

3 quotes from Ms. Palin:

"Red Sox fans know how to turn an underdog into a victor."

"How about those Tampa Bay Rays? You know what that tells me? It tells
me that the people in this area know a little something about turning
an underdog into a victor."

The Alaska governor...told the packed Lancaster Barnstormers stadium
that she was counting on Philadelphia Phillies fans to turn "an
underdog into a victor."

Now that's thinking on your feet!

You are getting your time periods mixed up. Going into the playoffs
the Rays were definitely the underdogs. They were in last place just
last year. Palin correctly called them the underdogs during this time
period.

Once the Rays became the American league champs most all sporting
news authorities ranked the Rays as the team to beat. The Redsox
became the underdogs at that later time. Palin then identified the
Redsox correctly as the underdogs. Look it up if you don't believe it.

So it seems that she may be more on top of the changing times than
you think.

Well, you sure did miss my point!

The reason for the quotes was not to voice my opinion on whether or
not she is "on top of the changing times".

I was responding to "she isn't an airhead and can think on her feet"

In this age of instant playback of anything said by a candidate, not
to mention the plethora of satirical news shows, you'd think that she
(or at least her speechwriters) would be agile enough to change the
words she uses when sucking up to different audiences. I'm not saying
she wasn't correct in what she was saying at the time she said it, but
there is more than one way to say that the underdogs were victorious.