Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Weller Tips ...

N_Cook wrote:

I will try a diode in the supply line to see whether a Weller 7 tip
ever gets to magnastat temp and thermocouple measure the temp it does
reach. Then just a small trembler, relay, timer etc. You could even
kick the workbench just prior to picking up the iron

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I recall seeing an article somewhere, where a diode with a microswitch
across it was used on the cradle. Lifting the iron allowed the
microswitch to short out the diode.

In a similar vein, I have a hot melt glue gun with a two heat switch on
it. Marked "Full & Half" heat. All that does is short out a diode in
series with the element. It certainly stops it dribbling when
on "Half" heat.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.