Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Electrical Power Sockets for ovens etc.

petercharlesfagg wrote:
Friends, thankyou for all the responses it is really appreciated.

I am going to connect the wiring through a junction box so that both
the hob and the oven can be isolated with their own switch, it does
mean that I will have to chisel out a load more wall to accomodate the
junction box but in the interests of safety it will be worth it and
the peace of mind.

Remember that you can't bury a screw terminal connection junction box in
plaster.

--
Cheers,

John.