Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog olddog is offline

Default Political signs

"HeyBub" wrote in message
retired54 wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article
,
"retired54" wrote:
we lost the war in iraq the day it started.

We won the war, what we are having problems with is winning the
peace. If you look at past history, this is not an unusual
occurrence is US history.

What did *you* win other than a huge national debt?

## We got to kill lots and lots of goblins. Priceless.

I've never been concerned with winning "freedom" for people just
because they happen to be sitting on a huge oil reserve.

## Germany invaded Russia for oil. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor so the
country could have uninterrupted access to oil in the Dutch East Indies.
Access to oil is a time-tested excuse for going to war.

I'd rather win the war on "oil addiction". Your war just perpetuates
the life style of excess that our planet can't sustain.

## Every time I hear someone long for a simpler time, a less complicated
life, a revel in the serenity of nature's basics, I have one word:

Dentistry.

Yeah you won.

Not yet. We don't have ALL the oil.

You really need to watch the Frontline episode "Heat". Dude...were all
screwed!

Keep hiding your head in the sand but it's going to catch up with you or
your kids. The earth can only support so many American life styles. China,
India and Micro Indonesia are taking over. Right now they are going through
the same growing pains America is still growing through. Manhattan, Florida,
parts of Texas, New Jersey etc...are going to be under water. For Christ
sake it's already happening. Something is happening and if we don't wake up
and address it we're doomed. Personally, I hold little hope for the future
of mankind. Call me a kook but the evidence is here now.

Some people say technology holds the answer. I think we all need to curb our
expectations and learn how to live with less. Conserve, recycle, move close
to work or quit, walk to the store, ride your bike. We're too damn fat
anyway. Keep your appliances turn off or down. Quit having so many damn
babies. We don't have to rely on technology for the answer when it's our
over indulgent life styles that is the problem.

I've drastically cut back on my gasoline, electrical and natural gas usage
by keeping lights off and the thermostat up high in the summer and cooler in
the winter. I'm always turning things off and unplugging things. I walk to
the store when possible. But I don't see anybody else doing a god damn
thing. They drive around in their SUVs like nothings happening. They just
don't get it and I don't expect anything to change

olddog (aka kook)