Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Remote Control Check

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Oct 23, 10:34 am, Duff wrote:
I'm waiting for an explanation as to why I can see the IR signal on a
camera screen but not when I look at the remote directly......

The camera, whether film or electronic will see the light in an image
differently than the human eye. Even different films and different
electronic imaging chips will see the light spectrum differently which is a
result of the different material that goes into making them. An electronic
camera can "see" the IR energy and records or displays the IR image on the
monitor or preview screen, where this IR part of the spectrum is beyond
human vision. Sometimes the eye can see things that film or electronic chips
cannot see. An example is older black and white film that could not see red,
which is why red lights were used in darkrooms, and why Hollywood used brown
or dark gray lipstick on women so that lips would not appear very pale in
the finished product.