Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Baseboards

On Oct 23, 8:31*am, wrote:
I want to install baseboards in a room that is a garage conversion.
Since the bottom of the wall is cement blocks I cannot nail them in
place. *The bottom of the drywall is glued to the blocks. *It was
never framed to the floor. *What would be the best adhesive to use for
this or is there another way to do this?

Are you sure that there are no furring strips behind the drywall? I'd
be concerned about moisture wicking through the blocks and damaging
the drywall.

I've added furring strips to the upper framing and extended them down
over the block to keep the drywall away from the block.